Wednesday, February 12, 2014

PANTSSSS!!!


after five very short months in only skirts, i get to wear pants.. many of you dont understand the happiness that comes from pants. Dont get me wrong, i love skirts, but its like when Areil turned into a human after being a mermaid. I HAVE TWO LEGS AGAIN! Oh blessed day. So i would like to make a list of events this past week:
1. It has been raining so bad (and italians are afraid of the rain) that the city has been on an alert.
2. The day before 'alert day' we were teaching some of my favorite people in their shop.. and what do you know.. My zebra umbrella was stolen.. i wouldnt of cared if it was a normal umbrella, but you just cant go to the nearest shop and buy another zebra umbrella. 
3. One of my companions (wont say whooo.. but starts with 'G' haaaha) was plugging in the DVD player to listen to music.. and POP, big blue spark... our power was gone... 
4. Taking a shower with pots of hot water in the dark... and no hot water means no heater... and yes, it may be Sanremo, but it is the middle of winter... and then what do you know.. the fridge doesnt work and the food starts rotting.
5. Getting kicked off a train because one of us forgot to stamp our ticket...


and the moral of this list of things that probably just sounds like i am being a complainer is that i am the happiest i have ever been in my whole entire 20 short years of life... I love being a missionary. All things happen for a reason.. The earth needs water so Heavenly Father is blessing us with water! After my umbrella was stolen, a little indian man asked me to buy one of his on our way home running through the rain. I apologized and said i had no money, but next time i would... He than handed me an umbrella and said no charge. My heart nearly melted. Getting my awesome zebra umbrella stolen allowed Heavenly Father to show me the good of a random stranger on the street.. Having no power for a time allowed me the opprotunity to think of those without the luxry of running hot water, or a working heater... it allowed me to see some of the little blessings that i take for granted... A lot of people in this world dont have food, and even though our food was going bad, we still had food to eat! And lastly, being kicked off a train.. It allowed the man who kicked one of us off and we had to be together so that meant all of us had to get off to soften his heart, and let us all back on. Basically this week i have seen Heavenly Father in every little thing when i look back at it and i realized that i have really reached that point of the fact i could do this forever.. I am a 100% here and i can never imagine going home. I am so blessed that this is my life. That Heavenly Father has given me this amazing opprotunity. When we think things are just bad, take a step back and look at what you are really being blessed with. Everything our Father in Heaven gives us is a blessing..even the tiniest little things!
Love you allll... 

Love Sorella Woods




No comments:

Post a Comment