Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 4 in the mtc

Email for everyone....

Oh hey there people who love me! Today marks the four week mark, and i cannot believe it. It is so crazy. I love this work though.. and i LOVE this gospel. It brings such happiness to my life. I am so stoked to go to Italy. I will literally be there in two week from yesterday.. PATZZO!!! The Italian is actually coming along really good. It's hard, but the gift of tongues is sooo real. This gospel is so real. We got to watch the Joseph Smith movie this past Sunday. I love that man. I love that story. It is different watching it here. I almost watch it with new eyes .... in a way. That sounds weird, but soo soo true! He literally gave up EVERYTHING to bring forth the gospel. How can it not be real? There is so much evidence.. how could anyone deny it? I was able to be a 'host' today for new missionaries. Every time i see them, i want to just hug them, and love them. They have answered the call to serve our Lord! We are his army! I am so excited for this work. It is in the most real sense the most amazing truth. I am forever grateful to Joseph Smith. I am grateful for his strength, and faith in our Heavenly Father. Our teacher gave us an amazing analogy relating to Italy. His name is Fratello Jeter who served in Milano too... btw he gave us our mission song... AMAZING!!! It made me so happy. But what he related it to was hiking timp to see the sunrise. The hike up is awful. It's dark, cold, and full of obsticals. You get to the top and sit there and wait... and wait... but than out of no where you see specks and flickers of light... and than the world is just lit up..even before you can even see the sun. Italy is in the dark.. they have been for YEARS!! They are still in apostasy technically speaking. No one knows what is the truth anymore, so they just stopped caring... but than the temple of our Lord was announced.. and all of a sudden after being in the dark for so long, there are flickers of light, and fire. Excitement. The temple is literally the sun... and it is lighting all of Italy. We are the most lucky dang duckies in the whole world because we are literally entering into the field right has that light is hitting. We are on the wave, and it has finally come... Italy will have the truth! They know the missionaries there. They know who we are and what we have.. and they are excited. Who wouldn't be?? This gospel is EXCITING! They know what the little black tag is on my left shoulder, and they respect us. The gospel will go to every kindred, nation, tongue, and people.. and i get to be apart of that! I am sooo soo HAPPY! I love my Heavenly Father. I am eternally grateful for Gesu' Cristo and his atonement! And good thing we have eternity.. This gospel is so true. So amazing!! It is exciting! One of the most important things i have learned is listening to the Spirit. He will literally be your guide24/7 if you will just listen. LISTEN! ASCOLTALARE!!! I don't know if saying it in Italian makes it more important, but either way... Do it. I never realized how much he spoke to me before i got here. It is absolutely amazing. A challenge for the wonderful whole of you!! Every night.. EVERY NIGHT, and morning, get on your knees, and for 15 minutes talk with our father. Have a literal conversation with him. I do, and it will have forever had an amazing effect in my life. Tell him everything. He is literally waiting to hear it all. Have your own personal devotional with him. I didn't think 'prayer knees' was a literal thing.. but they are. Mine are all dry and worn from literally being on my knees so much.. but on our knees is where we will receive the most strength, and power. I promise. Io prometto!!! It is probably the most comfortable position to be in now.. weird. Comunque, io amo il vangleo di Gesu' Cristo. Il vangelo e vero e' molto importante. Ascoltalare il spirito santo. Lue e' ascoltalando!
Padre' Celeste e nostre Padre! Dio la ama! Io prometto lui e' ascoltalando. Io sono grato, SONO GRATO per mia salvatore Gesu' Cristo. Io sono grato per mia famiglia. Grazie. Grazie multo grande. I love you all so much. I'm almost out of time.
The work is moving forward. The work is working.
All for now from this happy Happy HAPPY girl.
Love Sorella Woods

Btw... i called my teacher a scaulo(shark) again, and than he called someone in his BYU Italian class that.. I'm rubbing off on him! Haa,, he loves us.... and i may have sprayed him with silly string.. It was all of our ideas... But i actually went through with it. I've never seen anyone jump so high...and give such a scary look.. i was somewhat scared when he turned around. And than i got the "Sorella Woods, lei e Sorella missionaria!".. and than tried to be serious, and couldn't be. It was probably the funniest thing i've seen while i've been here.. Apparently all my actions are not sister missionary like.. Can't take the Cristal out of the sister missionary i guess. I'll always be me. (: Love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment