Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'm getting older... finally!





.. and you would think i would be more mature.. but no.. Still the same
person who left you all almost a year ago.. How in the world did a year
pass? So, i am 21.. i always thought i would be having a party, maybe go to
Vegas for my 21st... but rather i am in Italy serving a mission.. Its crazy
how things change. I would have never in my whole life thought i would be
here at this point in my life.. So top five count down of the best things
that happened this past year.
1. Mission call
2. Going to the temple with my family
3. The day Yosmaira and Kevin were baptized
4. The day Alexandra and Evelyn were baptized.
5. Gaining a testimony of the Restored Gospel
Every single one of these has to deal with something in the gospel.. and i
didnt even plan that out!! Crazy,, right?? but would you just look at the
pattern for a minute... these are the best 5 moments that i can think about
this past year.. and its because the best and happiest things only come
through the gospel. Im reading Jesus the Christ, and he made a very great
contrast between having happiness from something, and rather just having
pleasure from something.. We do a lot of things in one year.. some stupid,
others fun, more than most are just things that give us pleasure for a
time, and then its over.. but what really gave me the happiness, that pure
joy, was from these five things.. Things that have changed me forever, and
have made the biggest difference for the rest of my eternity. I am so
grateful to be here serving the one true Lord.. I know that this gospel is
soo true. The decision to come here, and to actually be here have been the
hardest things i have ever done, but hard things are what creates us.. It
allows God to create us. What gives us that lasting happiness, and not just
a supeficial moment of pleasure. Go and find that happiness because i have
tried to find it in many things.... but in the end, the world does not
offer it.. the only thing that does is the gosple of Jesus Christ.
... and i am happy. (:
I love you all!
Love Sorella Woods

2 comments: