Friday, June 20, 2014

Ohhh heyyy,




Its just your favorite Sorella Woods... and i think im the only one, so i
really can be the favorite. This week has flown, just like all the others i
suppose. We have transfers next week ALREADY. That is hard to believe! I
dont know if im staying or going.. but i really have found a love for
Bergamo and i kind of hope to stay, but its whatever the big man thinks...
that being Pres, and then whatever the BIG BIG man thinks. But we will see.
So zone conference was legit. We went to Verona and there was our zone and
then two others... which HEYYYY, that means i got to see Gillette one last
time!!! Highlight of the whole thing.. actually because im on the role of
having only one transfer with each comp, i got to see Jones, 2 of my old
district leaders, and a Tolman from my group! Seriously sooo much fun. We
actually got to beat a box with a stick... let me explain. SO, president
wants to clean the 'impurities' out of the mission. Basically all the
stupid stuff missionaries think are okay... so every impurity the AP's let
us beat a box with a stick.. not going to toot my own horn or anything but
i put a pretty nice hole in the box.. Here's to being a more obedient
missionary and mission in general!!! And they let us have fun.. so no
complaints here. They also sang to me for me birfday and gave me a twix. So
AP Anziano Walden was my first district leader and served with me in
Sanremo my first two transfers.. Well he just happens to know all the
information about everything so he told me all about Sanremo!!! HOME!! I
seriously almost started crying.. poor kid probably didnt know what to do.
SO, Yosmaira is doing sooo well and is so strong. Alexandra is going out
with the missionaries for lessons!! Shes a better member than i was. Kevin
is doing fine, but could be better so pray for him!! And Evelyn, she is
just a ball of sunshine.. and she is going just as strong and might be my
replacement after im dead!! I am so stoked.. This is the kind of happiness
that they say that comes from this work.. So one other. While i was serving
there, we were trying to help a less active and her family. This was when i
was with Egbert. The husband was not a member and he was the first person i
ever invited to be baptized.. that was the first day i really felt the
Spirit work through me.. Well time went on and he wanted none of it. They
wouldnt come to church.. he smoked.. just wasnt going anywhere.. but we
would go over every now and then when they would let us. Well by the end of
my time there, they wouldnt let us come see them... Well its turned 360
degrees. Walden told me that Alessandro (the dad) has a baptism date and
they are going to church with their two beautiful children.. i seriously
cannot explain the joy that i have.. I sat there smiling like an idiot and
literal tears started to feel my eyes when he said that. I just cant
believe it. We just can never forget that we do so much wherever we are if
we let the Lord guide us.. i really thought nothing would come of that...
but here i see that VanAlfen is still creating miracles with people that i
thought i did nothing for. This is the incomprehensible joy that Alma talks
about.. This is the joy that comes when someone chooses to accept Jesus
Christ.. it is so real, and so exciting! I love doing this work everyday.
Everyday there is something to look forward to.. Everyday some new crazy to
become friends with, or an experience that will change my life or someone
elses. I am so blessed. (:
Love you all, Sorella Woods


































No comments:

Post a Comment