Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Half way dead..

dont even know what i did in the past 9 months.. I feel like i just woke up to go to the MTC and then ... oh hey look, youre in Italy and youve been there for the past 9 months.. How does that even happen? Its crazy because i feel like this has just been my life forever, but it has been so dang quick.. Weird life i tell you. I miss soo many moments that have already past, and im still here.. This will forever be the best decision i could have ever made.. or rather that the best thing that Heavenly Father could have ever given me.. So this week has been really great... Well really great, and really..not so great. We dont have any progressing investigators, but we just talk to everyone and that makes it great. Yesterday a man from Africa asked me if he could take me out.. i told him no because im a missionary..
You want to know his comeback.. He said 'well im a missionary too.'... hahaha,i about died. I couldnt help but laugh right there, but hey, he said he is coming to church.. No date is going to happen, but ill love to see him in church. Another man we were talking to told me the only way i could pray was to rub his 'god given' oil on my hand.. he then put the oil that smelled like a dumpster on my hand so i could pray... nice guy,, real nice guy... What i dont understand is where in the world do these things even come from.. Half the people that we talk to are 100% shocked when we ask to pray with them on the street... First, because yes, you dont get asked that every day, and second, because they dont think its allowed.. Why would there be a reason that we could not talk to our Father at any time during the day???.. Its crazy. This really just shows me more and more every day the need for the restoration of the gospel. I was reading in the Book of Mormon yesterday, and i just really thought about the only way i have this book in my hands is because of the Restoration. The Book of Mormon changes people... How could a book change people, change me personally every day if it were not true?? It couldnt.. There is no other book in this world that can do that.. and we literally can hold the evidence in our hands. ITS AMAZING!! Like seriously people.. just open the book and read the first page.. you feel instantly what Heavenly Father needs you to feel. It is just too dang cool. With that, i will just say its been a fun week. I love this mission.. HIS mission more than i could ever explain to anyone.. I used to say that in the beginning because i felt like i had to love being here or i would burn in the pits or something ridiculous like that, but i dont think i really loved it... But now, i can say with all sincerity that i have, i love this work. I love being here, and i would rather be nowhere else than here, doing the work of salvation. 
Con amore, Sorella Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment