Saturday, April 12, 2014

Where in the world is the time...

But seriously. I just watched General Conference at the MTC.. I hit my half
way mark next transfer already... Its crazy. So i have only been here in
Bergamo for maybe about a transfer now after being space transferred
here..so i dont know everything..That is my starting excuse. So i get a
call from a less active Sunday night to have a family night with them.. Im
thinking WOW,!!!! what a conference miracle that was... Heavenly Father
probably was just laughing as the next days events occurred...First bad
thing... our phone stops working so we cant call ANYBODY! So we head over
to another members house to bring her with us.. and shes not home... Our
bus was late so we were already late in the first place. We run the mile or
so to the tram to try to get to this poor ladies house.. By this time we
are already 30 minutes late. We run up and down the four flights of stairs
a good three times because we cant find her door and finally once we do she
opens it and just stares at us. Im SOOOO excited because we havent been
able to get an appt with her... But she just continues to stare... Finally
she says.. what are you doing here, we dont have an appt... Im thinking
what in the world!!!. I just talked to you last night lady.. Come to find
we looked at the wrong family on the ward list. The family we were supposed
to go to an hour and a half ago has the same last name... Winner... i am a
winner.... We ask this nice woman who looked at me like she wanted to slam
the door on us to use her phone because ours is still not working. We call
the other family.. run back to the tram and make it there... almost 2 hours
late.. But hey, it made for a great story and we got good cardio in.. so
what you gonna do. That was a fun point this week but my favorite part all
joking aside was conference. I LOVE CONFERENCE.. I think Sorella Jones
thought i was a little crazy because i was jumping up and down in my chair
because i was so stoked for it to start.. Needless to say, i was not
dissapointed.. I thought MAYBE.. just maybe Sorelle would get to extend
their missions to 2 years, but alas. Still at 1 and a half.. but hey. There
is always next conference! I know with all the things that i know that this
is the true church on the earth. We have listened to the prophets and
apostles who have been called by GOD! That is amazing in and of itself!
Everything was so incredibly inspired for what we need in this day and
time. I cannot even say how much i love this gospel and church that is on
the earth today. I love the members, missionaries, leaders... everyone. We
have such a light that comes directly from Christ. Sometimes we have crappy
days... or just stupid moments like me messing up what family we are going
to, but seriously, its all good in the end. I thought i would stop being a
blonde once i came here, but nope... Things like that i guess dont change..
But seriously, like we heard this weekend.. Heavenly Father will never be
indebted to us... not even in the crappiest of crappy situations. Every
moment is given to us out of genuine love for our benifit and growth. I
hope i continue to remember that because with that comes my gratitude
towards our Heavenly Father that He so deserves.
Have a fun week!
we also found a castle.. and drank out of what i want to call the BOM
fountain of knowledge... we are just too legit to quit.
Love Sorella Woods




I found a keeper in Italy... hes hot to trot

My mom and Gillette!!!! in Milano at transfer circles!!!! I love them!!

Barbra and Massimo... My petshop family. Sanremo












No comments:

Post a Comment