Thursday, March 13, 2014

Bergamo 1


First off, its like living in Park City. We are in the mountains and its basically like home here beside the fact that everyone around me is speaking Italian or some other language besides english. So we are teaching this woman from Nigeria and she has got some sass.. Really, and i LOVE her. She has a bap date for the end of this month, and she is soo excited. More than half the lesson she preaches to us. It is probably my most favorite thing because we teach for about 10 minutes and than she just finishes up for the rest of the lesson. She used to be a preacher... she is definelty cut out for it, let me tell you. It is really so cool to see how excited she is! She asked us last night what time her baptism would be so she could invite ALL her friends. We taught her the Word of Wisdom Sunday, and that next day she wanted to start handing out the pamphlets to her friends! She taught her one friend all of it actually but told us that he wasnt ready for the wisdom yet.. but she said we ALL need more wisdom. She is the first person i have gotten to teach in English, and i love it. Such a weird experience and actually a more difficult because i have a thousand thoughts going through my head rather than just the densified Italian thoughts that i can make up.. This week my perspective has been changing a little bit. I still have a year left, but at the same time 6 months just went by in the blink of an eye... i kind of had to start doing a self inventory. Two things that i want to see by the end
1. Charity
2. Conversion
I think those are probably two of the most important things that we all need. If i accomplish anything here, i want it to be that i showed my love for these people. I want them to have felt the love of Christ because thats why im here. Im just the instrument He has to work through. I want to see charity in others... and hopefully that comes by the examples of others and more specifically Christ. He is our example for EVERYTHING! Just our perfectly perfect brother... and i see that my love for Him is growing as i understand Him and His life more.
We have to be converted. Im reading the fourth missionary again which is at home in the family room ...at least thats where i left it..and you all should read it. I want to see that i did my best to help these people here be converted... whether they have been a member 30 years or 2 days.. I want to help them be what we all need to be. For them to be that though, i need to be that.. I need to understand what it means to be converted. We are always changing. That is why we are here is to change and become better in this life.. We have to give ourselves to The Lord. He cant just take us because thats against our agency and the plan of happiness.. but we need to willingly hand ourselves over to Him, His gospel, and the things we are taught. I just cant believe where the time is going. Before i know it, it will be over and i never want to look back on this short short time thinking i didnt do what Heavenly Father sent me here to do. I want to know i accomplished His will... because its not about my will but His. I love all of you! Have a great week!
Love Sorella Woods

Study room
Day dedicated to women
Hitchhiker

















1 comment:

  1. Sorella Woods testimony has been growing in leaps and bounds!

    ReplyDelete