Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I B-E-LIEVEEE IN MIRACLLEESSSS!!

Especially when you are in Sanremo with the power of three! Three investigators in one day, and eight lessons in two days.. That just doesn't happen, but than again Sanremo is being hit by three of us. Sorella Van Alfen, and Gillette are the new victims here... and they are SO GREAT! I didn't know what it would be like in three, but i dont think i can ever go back to two..We are the only ones in the whole mission not just in two. They got here on Thursday last week. It has actually been really fun introducing them to everybody, and doing finding in the city with them. I have really been asking Heavenly Father how to find new simps and this week has really just been filled with REALLY elect people! Thanks to the big guy, we are seeing success. Something i am really just learning this past week is listening to the spirit in finding work. Where to go, and who to talk to. When Sorella Egbert left, i felt like i had to take responsibility because i am the one that stayed here. My new comps knew nothing about the city or the members, so i had to be the one to know everything, and that just changed me. It changed how i do the work that i am doing, and we are having soo much success. They both just bring different strengths to the table. I love to work with the both of them... and they're totally okay that i'm super weird!! Because lets get real here, they're super weird too... everybody is. Sorella Gillette has been here in Italy for just over a year, so she is almost done. Sorella Van Alfen is at six months. Sooo i am the baby of the group!! Woot, woot! Third transfer, here we go!!... in Sanremo with the best people that i can never think of leaving. I have been thinking about what Heavenly Father expects from us. Not just as missionaries, but as members in this church. How much should we expect from ourselves? I don't know exactly actually. There is so many things that i want to learn here. There are so many things that i want to be. I always think about how can i be more converted, and strengthen that relationship that i have with Heavenly Father. Its hard at times, because i cant see Him, but He can see me. He knows exactly what we all need. Whether temporal or spiritual, but what do we need to do in order to receive those blessings? Is is the harder i work here, the more blessings my family can receive, or is that not part of the equation.. How do i know if i am a successful missionary. We may have baptisms and simps, but is that what success is. I want my success to be in my work. I want people to have what we have. The truth and the happiness. Everything in life cannot be perfect. Without trial, we would and could not know the good.. I want to have that relationship with Heavenly Father that i have with my Dad.. There is something that is missing for me this week. I think it may be the lack of diligence, or the lack of truly looking for that relationship. I hope we can all look for that more in our lives. I pray that we can sincerely be converted, that even in times of difficulty, we continue to put one foot in front of the other. We cannot always open our eyes up to see every obstacle that will be in the path, but we can open our eyes up to Heavenly Father. Because he knows. He sees everything, and He will not fail us. He literally cant if we are doing what we need to do. i Love being a missionary.. but i want to be more than just the average missionary... I feel like that is what i am being right now. I am still Cristal, but i have Christs name on my tag.. and that is so much more important.. We shouldn't be average because we are not doing average work. It is the work of salvation. I want to be more, and i want to do more. Heavenly Father should always be first in all things that we do. I love you all! Have a great week! 
Love Sorella Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment