Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Boun Natale!!!

So we spent three hours making Christmas decorations for our apartment today!! We even made a tree! Stamp of approval? I think yes. :D We are just here in sunny Sanremo seeing miracle after miracle every day. We are soo lucky to be here. There is this one woman named Rizzi.. She is kind of ancient and rides her bike everywhere even though she can barely walk. Sorella Egbert and i were walking to our apartment yesterday, and we found her just sitting on a bench in Plazzo Colombo smoking away. She really doesnt know our names, but she calls us gioia. So as a district we work on a diferent Christ like attribute every day.. yesterdays was patience.. let's just say walking her home took patience. Conversation with a very old woman, who is somewhat bitter (she hates Christmas) and walks like she is walking through molasses took a very long time. But we were able to serve her, and carry her bike up the stairs for her again. How she ever does it on her own, i do not know, but the miracle in this story is, is she now has a Book of Mormon in her house, and she has invited us back!! I just really love her though... and who couldnt love a woman with the name Rizzi.. I dont think its her first name but that is what we call her. We had a zone conference in Alessandria this past week. Three missionaries are going home tomorrow.. i couldnt even imagine. I mean i still have a long time, but the thought i coming home.. ? Ugh. I am just loving it here to much. Everyone keeps asking if we miss home or miss Christmas at home, and in all reality, yeah, i miss my family and everything, but the spirit here is so different. This Christmas has nothing to do based of the material things of the world. Everything that we are doing is for our Savior. The fact that every day i get to talk about Jesus Christ and his birth to everyone i meet is such a special opprotunity. I would never trade it for anything! This Christmas is really about Christ! Its just so great. :) We are going to our Branch Presidents house for Christmas day.. he is probably one of the most funniest and loving people i have ever met! This branch here needs that. Like i have said before, this branch really is a family. Sometimes its a little weird that everyone is in everyone elses bussiness, but for the most part they just really have that love for others that Christ has... And they love missionary work. Our lessons with members present grows weekly. We are truly blessed here. We have our three baptisms coming up, and we are soo excited!! Pray for them and their progression in this wonderful gospel we have! Always remember that the sign of Christs birth was light. The star in the sky, and He will forever be that light in our lives!! Find others this Christmas that need that light, and i promiise that through your efforts, you will feel the love of Christ even more for yourself. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father. He answers our prayers daily if we truly have faith in Him. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I feel it with my heart, and that is how i know it is true! I am so blessed to be here and have this sacred opprotunity to be his servant and his disciple. I will be forever grateful! I love you all! All of you are just a great bunch of weird people that i care about.. the Italians here are even weirder, and i cant even explain the love i have for them! Tell next week! MEERRRYY CHRISTMAS!
Sorella Woods :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I am in her shoes!!! Someday I will be a missionary too!

    ReplyDelete