Monday, December 30, 2013

BOUN NATALE FOR REALS NOW!!

I can finally say it because it is here!!!!! SO BOUN NATALE EVERYONE!! It is pouring rain, and the wind is crazy. Maybe we will get a hurricane for Christmas this year! Last night we had Christmas eve dinner with the family Cangialosi which was just great. They bought our investigator Kevin shoes for church. His baptism is this Saturday... and so is Yosmairas!!! We are sooo excited. They are so prepared. Miracle is that Yosmairas husband wanted nothing to do with religion. This past week someone broke his arm... bad business, but he wants to change his life now. He is coming to her baptism and church on Sunday. Heavenly Father really works miracles. Today for Christmas we are going to members houses that have invited us over. I am just so happy to be here. It is not about presents, or really even anything that we think of when we think of Christmas...or at least i think of, but it really is all about Christ. This past week i have realized how real my relationship, and everyone's relationship can be with our Heavenly Father. When we pray its not like me sending a letter from here and hoping it will get to you guys in a week or so. When we first speak His name, He is already there listening. It is in the most real sense direct communication with the creator of all. THAT in itself is amazing... When we have the faith to really open our mouth, and talk to Him, He is there. It is just mind blowing. I started thinking  about how important the covenants we make in the temple are. We literally made covenants with God. Sacred and eternal covenants, and i am so grateful for that trust He has in me personally to have made those, and the power that it brings daily when i do what is right. Another thought this week i had is the reason we missionaries have to go through the temple and make sacred covenants before we go to wherever we are signed is because this work is sacred! It is the work of our Heavenly Father. He is so wonderful, great, and the creator of all. This work is His work. That is why it is commanded for not only us missionaries to to do, but all members of the this church to do it. This work works because it is His. I love my family here in Sanremo with my whole heart. I will know these people for the rest of eternities. I was always meant to come here. We are all preordained for something, and going on a mission is something that i was always going to do. I remember the day i got my Patriarchal blessing. I looked at both of you mom and dad and said i was going to serve a mission. I forgot about it until around last year this same time, and i really felt the call to serve. Heavenly Father needs me and all these other missionaries at this time. I just hope to be the sacred missionary that can deserve to really do this work and deserve to be here with these amazing people i have come to love. So many people ask if i am sad i am not home for Christmas.. And in truth, i am not at all. The opportunity that i get to teach about our loving Savior and his birth is more than i could ever ask for. The opportunity to be here is the greatest blessing i could ask for in this moment. I really hope that this Christmas is filled with that happy bubbles that we get this time of year for all of you!! I hope you are finding missionary opportunities. I love Christmas and will love it in 2015 with all of you, but i cannot explain in words how happy my insides are to be here. I can somewhat understand the term 'my heart is full' because it really is, in the most truest sense. I love my savior, and i love the story of His birth from His beautiful mother Mary. It all started with the light of the star that was the sign of His birth, and he is now forever that light for us! Sequiamo la luce. Merry merry merry Christmas!!!!!! BOUN NATALE! PLEASE watch Buddy the Elf, Home Alone, and Christmas Vacation! You just have to. They are too good not to watch... BUDDY THE ELF; WHATS YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?!


Love Sorella Woods!


1 comment: