Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Hello from almost the other side of the world...



>> HII! I am just so great. I hope everyone is too wherever you are. So what i
> have been thinking this week is about how much trust Heavenly Father has
> put in two 20 and 21 year old girls. He literally has given us a whole
> city, and everything around it to bring the gospel too.. For all anyone
> knows we sleep in tell 10 every day, and just wander around Sanremo! (not
> really...i think the guilt would kill me) but seriously. That is just huge.
> I am so grateful though that he has that trust. That we are here for a
> specific reason, and he has given us thousands of people to teach...
> Sanremo just continues to make me love it more, and more every day. I am so
> attached to this place.. transfers week is coming up though, and it makes
> me want to puke. I know that wherever i am sent is where Heavenly Father
> needs me, but i seriously LOVE these people. They have just made their way
> into my heart. It is going to be like saying bye to my family all over
> again.. But, until the day i leave here, we continue to work. Last week we
> were challenged by our area President to teach 21 lessons in one week...
> and for the first time in what we know of in Sanremo history, we Sorelle
> accomplished it! That was a nice time call to Presidente.. Scary thing of
> the week.. i am senior companion.. that means i have the phone, and keys.
> Those two things are basically our lives in the palm of my hands.. And the
> fact that i have been the one setting up appointments with people is
> actually somewhat of a horrifying fact too. There is a lot of oh,, si, oh
> capito... si. Haa, it is just a whole bunch of fun. I really am just loving
> it here. Just being able to see people start to change and accept this
> message. I am chaning too with them. I learn more and more about Christ and
> his atonement daily. I am learning how to listen to the spirit, and be
> guided. I see people in a different way now. I just really want them all to
> listen, and accept. I want them to know how much they are loved by me, and
> by Christ, and by heavenly father.. just everyone! Maybe we can just stand
> on the side of the street, and have cards with a, take one please, sign
> because we love you.. and than automatic BAPTISIM! Talk about easy life..
> Sorella Egbert, (or Eggbird as she likes to be called) can chase them
> down.. We have gotten real good at running... and in skirts for that
> matter... our bus or train is usually about 2 minutes away from leaving
> when we are still 5 minutes away. We basically get all the exercise we need
> trying to get to the thing that will take us to our next destination... we
> could probably just continue to run, and make it there quicker than the bus
> would. But all is great. We went to this members house, the Cangialosi. Two
> of my favorite people ever! They are like my parents. They live in the
> mountains, and Ciro the husband threw a rooster at us, and he brought his
> pet goat in the house before we had lunch. They just remind me soo much of
> you mom and dad. Beside the fact they are Italian and have pet goats... so
> what i am getting at here is my coming home present is a goat! I told
> Sorella Egbert i wanted a pet goat. In fact, a caught  a baby lizard last
> night in the church! I asked her if we could keep it... but the white bible
> says no pets, so we let it free.. and i dont think she really loved the
> thing as much as i did. We have two baptisim dates, and more to come this
> week. We love Sanremo, and our family here. Heavenly Father is in
> everything we do. I am just so thrilled to be doing this work every day. I
> love being able to testify every single day about what i believe, and what
> i know. And every time, my own personal testimony grows. I love this
> gospel. I love who i am becoming, and who these people here are becoming.
> Heavenly Father has such a great plan for these people, and we get to be a
> part of it! I am soo lucky. Lucky and my heart is just soo happy. Until
> next week.. I have not been arrested our chased by anyone yet. That will be
> a fun email. LOVE YOU ALL!! (:
> Sorella Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment